Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pumpkins and Plant Parts


 We started the week with a field trip on Monday. We went to the pumpkin patch! The kids had such a great time! So this week we've been talking more about pumpkins and how they grow as well as pumpkin themed activities from my pumpkin pack.

We actually did this KWL last week. I actually had time to take pics this week!

They had some really great ideas!
We've started reading and talking about plants this week too. We've been reading about plant parts and how they help the plant. I doodled this little activity during a meeting yesterday and I just had to try it out today. We used plant words to create our picture of a plant.

This is the sample I created during the meeting ; p
I was nervous to see if they would be able to do it or not. Look how great they did!
They really did a fantastic job. 
They are already hanging up along with our anchor chart for plant parts. 
Gotta run! My dad is in town for a few days! Gotta go get some family time in....LOVE!
 photo signature_zpsb5191023.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment