Thursday, October 3, 2013

Is it Thursday Already?




It's one of those never-ending weeks that flew by! Does that make sense?  I really meant to blog every day this week BUT I blinked and Thursday was here! This week was sooooo busy! One of the things we have been working on is our fact fluency (What?! Another math post?!).  We focused on addition this week. Our goal is to STOP USING OUR FINGERS! That is tough especially since....do I dare admit this?  Sometimes I catch myself using my fingers to count!! EEEeeekk! I know...so bad.....

I've been using activities from my new packet...

Here are some activities you will find in the packet...
This is separate from the packet. But I added this last minute so students could keep track of the strategies. We usually start the lesson entering a new strategy in our book. 

Closer look at our strategy flip chart
YIKES! a messy anchor chart! These labels are included in the packet. 
We did a two minute drill every day this week! 
We watched our scores grow using these progress monitoring sheets that are also part of the packet:)
Good night all!
 photo signature_zpsb5191023.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment