Saturday, September 14, 2013

Why didn't I think of that?

  Seriously though, why didn't I think of this?  I went to a MAC-Ro math training and they had us use these giant white boards for a few activities. My class LOVES I mean absolutely LOVES using these giant white boards.


These are a really great tool for group exercises. I've been utilizing these boards for problem solving...students work together to make a plan and solve a tricky math problem and they just adore it! In fact this picture was taken during our Friday free choice time after a group begged me to use the big white boards to create math problems. Adorable...right?!

I went to Home Depot asked them for dry erase board and had them cut the board into 24x36 pieces. The man asked if I was a teacher and gave me 50% off! I think I spent a total of 12$ and that includes the cute duct tape I bought to cover the edges so that they last longer. Okay confession....I actually did it because now the boards are super cute with the duct tape design!

Happy Saturday!
 photo signature_zpsb5191023.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment