Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Christmas Questionnaire Link Up!


 As soon as I saw this Christmas link up with Fabulous in First I knew I was in! I LOVE Christmas!

Hot Chocolate or Eggnog?

Hot chocolate all the way! I live for Starbuck's Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate...try it..it's amazing.

Does Santa wrap presents or just put them under the tree?


Great question! This is the first year I'll have a little one for Christmas. I think he will wrap them. I think having something to unwrap adds to the excitement of Christmas morning. And let's face it, watching my 9 month old tackle bows and wrapping paper this year will surely be a treat!

Colored lights or white lights?


White lights please and we keep it pretty simple at our house. HOWEVER I do love going to see christmas lights and it that case...Bring on the color!

When do you decorate?

Usually the weekend after Thanksgiving. However this is the first year in 5 years that I have. I lost my mother the first week of December so it has been hard. This year I made a point to do it for my little one and I swear I felt my mom with me as I did. I have great Christmas decorating memories with her that I can share someday with my little :) 
I have BIG Christmas decorating ideas, much bigger than my bank account and extra time allow for HAHA. But here's what we've got going on this year!
Little touches here and there. I'll be out after Christmas snagging up some good deals on Christmas decor so that next year I can add a bit more!

Real or Fake Tree?

FAKE! My husband and I have this argument every year. But I just love our tall "snow" frosted pre lit tree!

Favorite Christmas memory or tradition?

Hands down favorite memories and traditions are fun with the family. My family is scattered across the country and Christmas is sometimes the ONE time out of the whole year I get to see some of them. We play games till wee hours of the morning. 

One of our fav family games is scrabble so here were our place cards last Christmas dinner. 
We take fun pics. Here are some pics of some family last year at Christmas. Note my GINORMOUS belly. I was 7 months pregnant.

I also LOVE the day after Christmas! When we are at my grandparents house near Sedona, AZ we always make a trip up to the little town of Jerome to shop and eat! Who shops the day after Christmas? We do! Here we are in Jerome a few Christmases ago..


Do you remember your favorite gift as a child?

One year when I was little my aunt got me a huge trunk of dress up clothes. She'd found all these funky clothes, scarves, hats, and shoes. I had so much fun with that trunk. 

My grandma, mom, and me!

Do you prefer giving or receiving?

Giving! I sometimes get so excited about the things I get for people that I have to try extra HARD not to give it to them BEFORE Christmas! That doesn't always happen though, my husband already got one of his gifts this year because I just couldn't wait. 

What's your favorite Christmas song?


Um anything of Mariah Carey's Christmas album. I could listen to that C.D all year. 

Candy Canes. Yuck or Yum?

Eh. 

Favorite Christmas Movie?

I love Christmas movies<3 Elf, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Love Actually, Christmas With the Kranks...to name a few. 

Do you shop online or at stores?

Mostly stores. It's fun if I go early enough. Now if ask me that the week of Christmas and I'm shopping..I'll tell you a different story.

Photo cards, letter, or store bought cards?

I have always wanted to do a photo card! My hubby would say every year that it's weird to do them if you don't have kids and he just wasn't into it (he's the weird one if you ask me)! THIS YEAR I finally got to do a photo card! 


Whew! That was a loong post! But fun! Go link up and join the fun!
 photo signature_zpsb5191023.jpg

5 comments:

  1. Love your photos! Thanks so much for linking up! Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Loved this link up! So much fun! Merry Christmas :):):)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore that Christmas card and hope one is coming my way ;) Also I see a Kirkland's after Christmas sale shopping in the near future for us...especially since I'll be in town!

    Alyse
    Keep Calm and Apple On

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alyse it's a date! And a Christmas card should be coming your way this week!

    ReplyDelete