Friday, January 31, 2014

Five for FRIDAY!!!!!



 I sure do love me some Five for Friday with Doodle Bugs Teaching! Let's do this!

I love teaching Chinese New Year! Although I always feel like it sneaks up on me and I never do as much as I'd like. We did manage to sneak it into what we were learning this week. 


We counted money out of lucky red envelopes. 

We  brainstormed facts and wrote informative paragraphs about the holiday. 



We ate oranges with chopsticks for snack:) 



I think one of the things I love the most about teaching is the many laughs kids bring. One of our groups has an empty desk at it and the kids have been saying that it is Casper's desk. Well today as I was grading spelling I came across this....
One of my kiddos took the spelling test for Casper! I giggled all day thinking about this:)

Last night I just about had a heart attack. I received a text message that our school was on fire! The news had also reported the same thing! Turns out it was the empty building next door and neighbors in the area thought it was the school and called reporting the school was on fire! Thank goodness no one was hurt.
Here is the view from our playground of the damage. 

I have been super emotional this week thinking about how fast time is flying! I am beginning FIRST BIRTHDAY party plans. Really?  1st birthday? I can't believe this little cutie is almost 11 months old! How do I get time to slow down?



Dollar Deals!! Two products are on sale for the weekend for 1$ each! Click o the pics to check them out!

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Family-Timeline-Project-1012058

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Were-Going-to-the-Zoo-Virtual-Field-Trip-214587


 photo signature_zpsb5191023.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment