Monday, November 25, 2013

New Look and More Measurement


I have been having so much fun sprucing up my blog! I am learning so much and in the process getting more and more addicted!
We are still measuring up a storm in my room and this week we've moved on to comparing measurements. As I've mentioned before we are in the middle of revamping our curriculum to align with the new standards so we are all scrambling for resources! We did A TON of hands on learning and math discussions in math this week. I think the only time we took out our pencils was to measure them. I started the week by taping down this measuring line.


I used a scrapbooking 1" hole punch so each circle is an inch long. I taped down with packing tape and  plan to add numbers next week so that we can compare how tall we each are.

                        

We rounded up a bunch of random things and compared their measurements. We used sentences like:
The water bottle is 3 inches shorter than the board game. 
The cup is 5 inches longer than the coin. 

This anchor chart helped them remember terms during math talks.


We also made turkeys but before we put them together we made sure to get some more measurement practice in...



I am hoping these next 2 days go by fast! I LOVE Thanksgiving and can't wait to celebrate my son's first. What are your plans?
 photo signature_zpsb5191023.jpg



No comments:

Post a Comment